The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a number of restrictions on funeral services designed to protect public health. With rules changing all the time it can be hard to keep up to date, especially at an already extremely difficult and stressful time. At Willow Lake, our aim is to make the funeral process as straightforward as possible while keeping everyone safe and giving your loved one the send-off they deserve.
The main things you need to know:
- A maximum of 30 mourners are allowed at any funeral service, however the number of people is also restricted by the size of the venue, to allow for social distancing.
- The memorial hall in Slough can currently hold a maximum of 30 people
- Our smaller Kingston chapel can currently hold a maximum of 20 people.
- Groups from different households need to remain socially distanced at all times.
- All mourners need to wear face coverings inside the venue unless they are medically exempt.
- Group singing is not allowed but you can play music through a speaker system at both of our venues.
- If you decide to scatter the ashes at a later date, the current rules are that you are allowed to be in a group of up to six people.
Correct at time of publication: 1st February 2021
Please call our friendly team on 0800 464 7277 or email [email protected]